Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Tauromaquia / Matador School Report

An imagined report card for a potential new bull fighting school in Madrid. Currently begins the process of extrapolating a project from the previous research which has taken place. Tauromaquia (the science and art of bull fighting) remains at the centre of my thinking. Whilst personally I ethically stand opposed to the torture and killing of bulls, I have found that there is much more involved within Tauromaquia which I see as being positive.

My current extrapolation concerns matador teaching, how this takes place and ways in which positive elements can be retained whilst the brutality of bullfighting is made visible and tackled. New teaching dwelling on the industry as a whole (breeding to butchering, learning to retiring) to create a complete picture and provide a platform for discussion on the future of bull fighting, to perhaps envisage forms of Tauromaquia free from current brutalities.